EcoMetric is a global consultancy specializing in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and distributed generation advisory services. Our clients our investor owned, and publicly owned electric and natural gas utilities, state agencies, non-profit organizations and large multinational corporations. We offer specialized services to influence the end-use customer's energy consumption behaviours and choices.
EcoMetric is looking for a Senior Energy Engineer to join our team in the Greater Philadelphia area. We offer a casual, friendly working environment, and we are dedicated to the quality of our work and our client relationships. Competitive benefits include health, dental, life insurance, 401K contributions, paid parental leave, and generous paid time off.
- Conduct on-site inspections & end use metering activities at residential, commercial and institutional facilities. Calculate and verify savings for energy conservation measures using engineering and statistical techniques.
- Calculate energy savings with TRM algorithms, temperature bin analysis, lighting calculators, eQUEST modeling and other tools.
- Utilize and apply statistical, economic and financial analysis tools in support of business and policy analysis for demand-side management in the energy and utilities industry.
- Develop quantitative cost benefit or risk models.
- Analyze utility and energy efficiency program data utilizing Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results.
- Work independently or with supervision to manage research projects and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods.
- Conduct primary and secondary research.
- Meet with clients to present findings and recommendations at client meetings.
- Document findings visually and/or verbally for memos and reports to clients and/or internal project teams.
- Publish papers and other research material.
- Support senior staff with development of presentations, papers and proposals.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering and related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working with Demand Side Management (DSM) Consultancies, Energy Service Companies (ESCO), Design Build firms, or Engineering firms.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills, as well as client interface capabilities.
- Experience with building energy modeling, energy use billing analysis, energy savings calculation algorithms and installing building energy use metering equipment.
- Energy Auditing experience is a plus.
- Experience/expertise with data analytics/statistical packages; SAS, SPSS, Stata, Excel, or other software is a plus.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are applying through a job portal such as LinkedIn or Indeed, do not send your materials to the hiring email address.