EcoMetric is a global consultancy specializing in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and distributed generation consulting services and products. Our clients include investor-owned, and publicly owned electric and natural gas utilities, state agencies, non-profit organizations, and large multinational corporations. EcoMetric is growing rapidly and provides high quality technical and strategic consulting services to influence the end-use customer’s energy consumption behaviors and choices.
We are seeking a Managing Consultant/Senior Managing Consultant. Qualified candidates will have several years of experience in the energy efficiency industry. Managing Consultants are expected to play a strong role in business development, client management and eventually serve as technical experts within the company.
- Report and present results and findings, as well as actionable recommendations to utility clients and regulators.
- Manage tasks or projects, monitor progress against milestones and budgets.
- Supervise and mentor junior and mid-level staff.
- Actively participate in regional and national professional organizations. Present at conferences and brown bags.
- Innovate, optimize and transform energy conservation initiatives with data analytics
- Design and implement complex sample plans to achieve specific research objectives. Studies may involve stratification, two-stage cluster sampling, and ratio estimation.
- Select and apply appropriate statistical and econometric methods to estimate energy efficiency and demand response program impact.
- Justify and document technical decisions related to research planning and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, statistics, public policy, environmental science or economics with 5+ years of work experience in a consulting environment
- 5+ years DSM experience with energy efficiency measures, energy and carbon savings calculations, market research, and reporting.
- Strong research aptitude and ability to solve problems by appropriate design of experiments
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and work closely with other project team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain technical information to a lay audience
- Project management experience: proven ability to lead and manage effective teams
- Desire to develop existing and new skill sets in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with colleagues who take pride in their company and enjoy their work.
- Work experience in an energy-efficiency evaluation field (strongly preferred)
- Experience in performing impact and process evaluations including net to gross and market effects research.
- Graduate coursework or work experience in experimental design, sample design and design-based inference
- Experience with continuous improvement of DSM programs based on market feedback
- Familiarity with basic statistical inference tools (e.g., power calculation, ANOVA, multivariate regression, discrete choice analysis)
- Leadership experience with social research and/or engineering work related to qualitative and quantitative analysis of DSM programs.
And What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications.
- Flexible personal time off (15 days), 10 holidays, two days flex holidays.
- Maternity/Paternity paid leave.
- Annual retreat.
- Remote work.
- 401(k) Plan.
- Performance bonus.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Reimbursement for annual professional development training or certification.
- Mileage reimbursement for the use of a personal vehicle.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on our environment and grow as a professional in the sustainable energy efficiency industry.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.