EcoMetric is a USA, and Canada based consultancy specializing in energy efficiency, demand response, and distributed generation advisory services. Our clients are investor-owned, and publicly owned electric and natural gas utilities, state agencies, non-profit organizations, and large multinational corporations. EcoMetric has snowballed from its nascent stage to a reputable, and full-service energy efficiency consulting firm offering specialized services to influence the end-use customer energy consumption behaviors and choices. We are interested in expanding our service offerings to include energy auditing, end-user Measurement & Verification, retrocommisioning and other types of building energy engineering services.
EcoMetric is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing team. The preferred location for this position is Exton, PA but the successful candidate can work remotely from any location. EcoMetric offers energy efficiency program planning and evaluation services for utilities, public agencies, and other program sponsors. We offer a casual, friendly working environment, and we are dedicated to the quality of our work and our client relationships. We offer competitive salaries, benefits and vacation package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting on-site inspections & end use metering activities at residential, commercial and institutional facilities. Calculating and verifying savings for energy conservation measures using engineering and statistical techniques.
- Calculating energy savings with TRM algorithms, temperature bin analysis, lighting calculators, eQUEST modeling and other tools.
- Utilizing and applying statistical, economic and financial analysis tools in support of business and policy analysis for demand-side management in the energy and utilities industry.
- Developing quantitative cost benefit or risk models.
- Analyze utility and energy efficiency program data utilizing Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results.
- Work independently or with supervision to manage research projects and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods.
- Conduct primary and secondary research.
- Meet with clients to present findings and recommendations at client meetings.
- Document findings visually and/or verbally for memos and reports to clients and/or internal project teams.
- Publish papers and other research material.
- Support senior staff with development of presentations, papers and proposals.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering and related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working with Demand Side Management (DSM) Consultancies, Energy Service Companies (ESCO), or other energy performance contract companies. PE Preferred.
- Investment grade auditing experience, including measure identification and scoping, developing measurement and verification plans, proper instrumentation for savings verification, monitoring remote data collection systems or installing independent loggers, and developing energy savings calculations.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills, as well as client interface capabilities.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft office products, word and excel in particular.
- Programming and data analytics experience using VBA, R, or Python is a plus.