EcoMetric is a global consultancy specializing in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and distributed generation consulting services and products. Our clients include investor-owned, and publicly owned electric and natural gas utilities, state agencies, non-profit organizations, and large multinational corporations. EcoMetric is growing rapidly and provides high quality technical and strategic consulting services to influence the end-use customer’s energy consumption behaviors and choices.
We are seeking an Energy Engineer to join our team and support energy efficiency programs in Pennsylvania. The Energy Engineer will be a key technical resource for the program team, ensuring technically accurate savings calculations and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues determine a technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications and recommend actions to company or customer representatives for the coordinative product solution.
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors, and company representatives.
- Acts as a local on-site representative to the customer's organization.
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance: Conduct field inspection activities related to the installation of energy efficiency improvements for Small Business and Combined Heat and Power program participants.
- Technical Assistance and Training: Provide partner technical training and assistance regarding the proper installation of energy-efficient products and services.
- Dispute resolution: Ability to work to resolve any disputes between parties regarding the installation of energy efficiency measures or attributes.
- Technical Outreach and Support for Combined Heat and Power projects.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering and related disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience in energy management or a related field.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Academic training in heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, HVAC, or other subject areas.
- Knowledge and experience with utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs is preferred;
- Self-driven team player with a passion for energy efficiency solutions;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); Demonstrated experience with field-based activities and ability to work remotely; and
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of MS Office tools i.e., Excel, Word, and databases.
- Experience/expertise with data analytics/statistical packages; R, SAS, SPSS, Python, Stata, Excel VBA, Matlab, or other software is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes with a brief cover letter to email@example.com. If you are applying through a job portal such as LinkedIn or Indeed, do not send your materials to the hiring email address.