EcoMetric is a global technology and consulting firm specializing in energy efficiency, and distributed energy resources including renewables. We are looking for a self-reliant and dedicated Django stack developer with data science experience to join our team in Pune, India.
Our team is focussed on constructive research to influence energy consumption & behaviors. We provide inspired, forward-thinking advisory services to inform demand-side management decision making. Our core services include energy efficiency program planning, evaluation and implementation services for various North American utilities, state regulatory boards and other program sponsors. EcoMetric offers competitive compensation packages and an opportunity to learn US standards in energy investments.
Please do not contact EcoMetric staff directly about this position via email or other social and professional networking applications such as LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Experience importing, cleaning and manipulating large datasets (500,000+ records) using one or more statistical packages (R, Python, STATA) and identifying, summarizing and effectively correcting data inconsistencies. Ability to clearly document and communicate data exploration and cleaning decisions while assessing their effect on resulting data structures and possible analyses.
- Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Build scalable and high-performance machine learning algorithms.
- Create easily understandable data visualizations of findings (e.g. charts, graphs, infographics).
- Document findings visually and/or verbally for memos and reports to clients and/or internal project teams.
- Support senior staff with development of presentations and papers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology with data science training
- Five or more years’ work experience with cloud-based software development and data analytics applications
- Programming proficiency with React/Angular, D3, MySQL and Python/R.
- Detailed understanding of backend and UI/UX development using modern cloud based platforms.
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis including wrangling, grooming, transformation, and analysis
- Experience using IDE tools such as Jupyter to develop and demonstrate results
- Experience with Azure stack and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience and success operating on an Agile Scrum team
- Experience working with MySQL and relational databases.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or CosmosDB.
- Experience with integrating and using Data Science libraries such as scikit-learn, MlLib, Pandas, python (Jupyter, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.), R, Java
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Experience with Agile development and Agile tools (i.e. Jira, Confluence)
- Strong understanding of creating APIs to leverage a variety of storage and analytical engine nodes.