Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EcoMetric Consulting offers energy efficiency program planning and evaluation services for utilities and energy companies. We are looking for a Data Scientist with energy efficiency experience to join our team. This position requires a motivated team player with curiosity and a passion for learning.
We offer a casual, friendly working environment, and we are dedicated to the quality of our work and our client relationships. We offer competitive salaries, benefits and vacation package for full-time employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience importing, cleaning and manipulating large datasets (500,000+ records) using one or more statistical packages (R, Python, STATA) and identifying, summarizing and effectively correcting data inconsistencies, as well as clearly documenting and communicating data exploration and cleaning decisions while assessing their effect on resulting data structures and possible analyses
- Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Build scalable and high-performance machine learning algorithms.
- Document findings visually and/or verbally for memos and reports to clients and/or internal project teams.
- Support senior staff with development of presentations and papers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in physics, applied mathematics, economics, statistics, environmental policy, or a related field
- Two or more years’ work experience in data management, ideally developing and maintaining databases, data ingestion, cleaning, summarizing, aggregation and manipulation
- Programming proficiency with SAS, Stata, Python, and/or R.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Experience reading and analyzing IoT data by making API calls
- Deploying/accessing IoT data in cloud environments
- Strong statistical analysis and modeling skills preferably using R or Python
- Experience conducting econometric modeling or statistical regression analysis
- Experience with model validation techniques
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Demonstrated aptitude with data visualization tools and techniques