EcoMetric is a global technology and consulting firm specializing in energy efficiency, and distributed energy resources including renewables. We are looking for a self-reliant and dedicated energy auditor to join our team in Pune, India.
EcoMetric is focused on constructive research to influence energy consumption & behaviors. We provide inspired, forward-thinking advisory services to inform demand-side management decision making. Our core services include energy efficiency program planning, evaluation, and implementation services for various North American utilities, state regulatory boards, and other program sponsors. EcoMetric offers competitive compensation packages and an opportunity to learn US standards in energy investments.
Please do not contact EcoMetric staff directly about this position via email and other social and professional networking applications such as LinkedIn or Facebook.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculating & verifying energy savings using engineering estimates, temperature bin analysis, statistical techniques, motor, lighting, and HVAC calculators for various energy efficiency projects.
- Possess knowledge of lighting, HVAC, pumps and motors, Variable Frequency Drives, air compressors, and other major energy-consuming components present in a residential, commercial, and industrial setting.
- Maintaining an advanced proficiency of energy efficiency measures applicable in residences, commercial buildings, and industries.
- Analyze utility and energy efficiency program data utilizing Excel and other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results.
- Understand the evaluation process for energy efficiency programs and how it impacts American utilities.
- Perform desk-reviews of energy efficiency projects sponsored by electric and natural gas utilities for their customers.
- Utilizing and applying statistical, economic, and financial analysis tools in support of business and policy analysis for demand-side management in the energy and utility industry.
- Coordinate with senior staff in the USA and provide project deliverables on time.
- Support senior staff with the development of presentations, papers, and proposals.
- 5+ years of experience in energy efficiency auditing, HVAC design, or other building science technical work
- BEE Energy Auditor or AEE CMVP certification is required
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Systems or similar engineering degree track.
- Relevant coursework such as Energy Audit Management, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning, Energy Efficient Systems, Power Systems, Motors, and Pumps is preferred.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and communication skills. Fluency in writing and speaking English will be tested.
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet software; additional software and programming abilities are a plus.
- Knowledge or interest in pursuing a career in energy efficiency or the building efficiency industry.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems is a plus.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. If you are applying through a job portal such as LinkedIn or Indeed, do not send your materials to the hiring email address.